Prophet Elias Monastery
The monastery, dedicated to the ancient biblical prophet Elijah, is located in a town set at the highest point of the island of Santorini. From this point you can see all five beautiful islands of the archipelago spread out before you. The residents of the island venerate the ancient monastery of Elijah the Prophet. This is a unique local shrine, founded in the early XVIII century by two ascetics. The trim monastery is surrounded by a wall. Here you see a carved wooden templon. The monastery houses a rich collection of antique books, ethnographic documents and manuscripts. Legend has it that there is a hidden treasure in the monastery that can not be found, even if you destroy it brick by brick.
A wedding ceremony can be conducted on-site in the yard of the existing church in the village of Imerovigli with spectacular views of the sea and the volcano. A white church with a blue dome will be a perfect background for your wedding photographs.
- Booking of your wedding date and time
- Ceremony at a designated church yard, on a hotel terrace (at the hotel where you will be staying) or on a beach
- Transfer to and from the ceremony location in an air-conditioned car
- Bridal bouquet and groom’s boutonniere
- Wedding cake
- One bottle of sparkling wine
- Basket of rose petals
- Ceremony table decorated with table cloth, colored organza, ring pillow and non floral items such as candles in vases
- Recorded music during ceremony: processional, recessional, and music to surround your special time!
- Ceremony supervision
- Personal consultant to guide you through the process, from your initial enquiry, up to the day of your ceremony
- Expertise for island orientation and information
- Pre ceremony meeting with two consultants on Santorini
- Venue visits as appropriate on Santorini prior to the ceremony
Price: 1.590 euro